California Family Laws and Rules contains the full text of the California Family Code and Family Law Rules and related provisions from the Business and Professions Code, Civil Code, Code of Civil Procedure, Education Code, Evidence Code, Government Code, Health and Safety Code, Insurance Code, Penal Code, Probate Code, Revenue and Taxation Code, Vehicle Code, and Welfare and Institutions Code.
It also includes provisions from United States Code Annotated and the Bureau of Indian Affairs Guidelines for Indian Child Custody Proceedings. In addition:
- Editorial notes provide guidance in the construction and application of particular sections
- Cross references provide direction to related provisions throughout the California Constitution, California codes, and California Rules of Court
- A Table of Sections Affected indicates the sections affected by the previous year's legislation
- Underlining indicates additions or changes in statutes affected by the previous year’s legislation; asterisks indicate deletions
- A Table of Judicial Council Forms identifies forms to be used with the statutes and rules
- Margin tabs and a rear-cover locator provide convenient access to the codes included in the pamphlet