Can we help?
Missouri Elder Law provides a useful reference for all Missouri attorneys. For the novice or occasional elder law practitioner, it introduces the issues and provides guidance on resources to counsel their clients more effectively. For the experienced elder law attorneys, this volume is a comprehensive digest of legal authority to refine the practitioner's advocacy and encourage the advancement of the field of elder law in Missouri. Authored by a well-respected practitioner in the field, this title covers:
• Ethical considerations in the representation of elderly clients
• State-specific coverage on advance directives and guardianship and conservatorship practice
• Protection of the elderly
• Numerous topics relating to financial and healthcare considerations, such as MO HealthNet (Medicaid) eligibility and procedures, tax issues, and nursing homes
• Guidance on elder law issues for those receiving Veteran's Administration benefits
• Discussions of and citations to Missouri law on many elder law topics
• Information for clients with serious health issues, including discussion of advance directives, long-term care, and end-of-life issues
Sample forms, including a demand letter for incurred medical expenses and a living will, are included.