O’Connor's Federal Employment Codes Plus is updated annually with a new paperback edition, designed to be portable and fit in a briefcase.
The up-to-date annotations provide a quick answer for common questions about statutes and are a starting point for more in-depth research. The book also includes cross-references to relevant Code of Federal Regulations sections, executive orders, and EEOC enforcement guidances.
Additionally, the Plus edition including summary charts on federal employment and anti-retaliation laws, attorney fees, ERISA, and statutes of limitations; a timetable and flowchart for an EEOC charge; a summary chart and flowcharts on the FLSA minimum wage and overtime exemptions; and a popular names table of the Acts of Congress that have enacted or amended the statutes in the book.
Selected chapters from codes include:
- Title 2: Congressional Accountability Act
- Title 5: Administrative Procedure Act, MSPB, Office of Special Counsel, Labor Management Relations, Antidiscrimination in Congress, Adverse Actions
- Title 8: Immigration
- Title 9: Federal Arbitration Act
- Title 15: Consumer Credit Protection Act
- Title 18: Employment Crimes
- Title 29: Federal Employment Service, LMRA, NLRA, NLRA, FLSA, ADEA, Rehab Act, ERISA, Migrant & Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, WARN Act, FMLA,
- Title 30: Mine Safety & Health, Black Lung Benefits Act,
- Title 33: Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Title 38: Veterans’ Rights, including VEVRAA and USERRA
- Title 40: Public Buildings & Works wages, work hours, & safety
- Title 41: Public Contracts procurement, provisions, labor standards, drugs, and kickbacks
- Title 42: Civil Rights, Title VII, GINA, ADA
- Title 45: Railway Labor Act, Railroad Retirement Act
- Title 49: Public Transportation, Commercial Vehicle Safety