O’Connor's Federal Employment Codes Plus is updated annually with a new paperback edition, designed to be portable and fit in a briefcase.
The up-to-date annotations provide a quick answer for common questions about statutes and are a starting point for more in-depth research. The book also includes cross references to relevant Code of Federal Regulations sections, executive orders, and EEOC enforcement guidance.
Additionally, the Plus edition includes summary charts on federal employment and anti-retaliation laws, attorney fees, ERISA, and statutes of limitations; a timetable and flowchart for an EEOC charge; a summary chart and flowcharts on the FLSA minimum wage and overtime exemptions; and a popular names table of the Acts of Congress that have enacted or amended the statutes in the book.
Selected chapters from codes include:
- Title 2: Congressional Accountability Act
- Title 5: Administrative Procedure Act, MSPB, Office of Special Counsel, Labor Management Relations, Antidiscrimination in Congress, Adverse Actions
- Title 8: Immigration
- Title 9: Federal Arbitration Act
- Title 15: Consumer Credit Protection Act
- Title 18: Employment Crimes
- Title 29: Federal Employment Service, LMRA, NLRA, NLRA, FLSA, ADEA, Rehab Act, ERISA, Migrant & Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, WARN Act, FMLA,
- Title 30: Mine Safety & Health, Black Lung Benefits Act,
- Title 33: Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Title 38: Veterans’ Rights, including VEVRAA and USERRA
- Title 40: Public Buildings & Works wages, work hours, & safety
- Title 41: Public Contracts procurement, provisions, labor standards, drugs, and kickbacks
- Title 42: Civil Rights, Title VII, GINA, ADA
- Title 45: Railway Labor Act, Railroad Retirement Act
- Title 49: Public Transportation, Commercial Vehicle Safety