Criminal Offenses and Defenses in Alabama combines essential topics of the criminal law of Alabama with relevant sections of the Alabama Code in one convenient volume.
Topics are arranged substantively based primarily on the organization and headings of the Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions in Criminal Proceedings.
- Details on a particular category of offense, such as burglary
- General subjects like the death penalty or entrapment
- Insightful comments, analysis of leading cases, cross-references, and footnotes for each topic
- Descriptions of how an offense would be charged under the particular code section and how the specific crime is classified (e.g., Class A felony)
- Defense reviews, many of which include analysis of leading cases