Can we help?
Written from both landowner and developer perspectives, Discretionary Land Use Controls: Avoiding Invitations to Abuse of Discretion focuses on abuse of discretion by local governments in making land use decisions. The text examines:
• Ways for limiting such abuses
• Variances, special use permits, site plan review, and planned unit developments; contract/conditional zoning and development agreements; and design review
• Governmental land use decision-making systems
• Working with local government units
• Green building issues
• New regulations and court cases