Can we help?
With Unfair Competition and the ITC, you will understand the nature and operation of Section 337 of the Tariff Act and how to use it to protect the rights of U.S. intellectual property holders. This handbook details the rationale and reasoning behind procedures such as jurisdiction, discovery, and motion practice in the federal district courts. It also covers all the practical information necessary to bring an action, such as duty of candor and the right to counsel. In addition, it provides:
• Case-oriented discussion of each stage in a Section 337 proceeding before the International Trade Commission
• Explanations of the presidential and judicial review process
• Strategies and tactics for both complainants and respondents
• Coverage of amendments to Section 337 enacted in 1989
• Discussion of the ratification of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)