In Federal Court of Appeals Manual, you'll find answers to all your questions concerning the federal courts of appeals. Using a clear, active style, the text emphasizes practical advice, presenting an exhaustive discussion of appellate procedure, techniques, and tactics. You'll gain valuable guidance in:
- Determining whether an appeal should be taken
- Filing appeals on a timely basis
- Avoiding mistakes that could lead to dismissal
- Following procedures for specialized appeals
- Preparing an effective brief and oral argument
The text focuses on how the courts apply general rules to specific cases, analyzes all changes caused by the 1998 wholesale revision of the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure
, and contains an extensive collection of court-ready forms and checklists.