Can we help?
Film and Multimedia and the Law provides detailed guidance for lawyers and nonlawyers handling legal issues surrounding filmmaking. It covers copyright, trademark, and all other intellectual property issues that may be encountered, such as legal issues surrounding scriptwriting,idea submission, defamation, right to privacy/publicity, and fair use in copyright. This title also:
• Discusses the practical limitations imposed by intellectual property
• Helps you determine which portions of a work, such as the storyline, characters, and title, are worthy of protection
• Explains the process of determining what parts of other works you can freely incorporate into your own
• Describes the legal effects of a disclaimer
• Contains numerous illustrations and hypotheticals