Supplemented throughout with proven defense strategies, procedural tactics, and astute professional insights, Immigration Law and Defense follows the progress of a typical immigration case. The text contains extensive references to judicial decisions and regulations, as well as parallel citations from the Immigration and Nationality Act to USCA. This text also:
- Provides a history of immigration legislation and the changing nature of immigration law
- Offers guidance on eligibility for permanent residence, adjustment of status, and inadmissibility
- Covers removal, including the crucial factors of alienage and grounds for removal
- Discusses administrative appeals, political asylum, withholding of removal, and relief for refugees
- Contains details on citizenship and naturalization
- Reviews federal judicial reviews, employer sanctions, and anti-discrimination provisions
In addition, you'll find many official forms.