Can we help?
Intellectual Property Rights in China explores the foundation, development, and future of intellectual property rights in China and the legal processes surrounding them. China has built up a relatively complete and advanced intellectual property rights system over the last three decades as its market economy has blossomed and entered onto the world stage. This relatively rapid development has engendered significant change and concern and has presented challenges to foreign companies and the law firms advising them.
The expert analysis from authors within the system provides the knowledge and insight that are essential to protecting intellectual property rights and successfully conducting business in China. This title also:
• Conveys the expertise of veteran Chinese practitioners with straightforward and practical guidance
• Provides extensive analysis of key components of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, patents, and copyrights
• Offers key insights into intellectual property rights enforcement strategies in administrative, criminal, and civil arenas
• Includes discussion of related legislation such as anti-unfair competition law, anti-monopoly law, and border control
• Explains the development of the relevant Chinese legal and economic environment, putting current laws into context
• Contains thorough citations to Chinese laws and rules, making research in traditionally hard-to-reach materials easier