Can we help?
Global Patent Prosecution presents the thoughts of leading lawyers on developing a strategy for foreign patents, making filing decisions, and understanding the challenges of overseas protection. This title provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on developing a global patent strategy in order to effectively manage intellectual property.
Featuring articles by partners and shareholders from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the complex cost-benefit analysis required when determining where and how to file in foreign jurisdictions. These top lawyers demonstrate the importance of evaluating the business needs of the company, the potential for enforcement, the costs associated with effective protection, and the potential return on investment for foreign filings, while also explaining concepts to consider when developing a global patent strategy. Chapter titles include:
• Understanding the Value of Foreign Patent Protection as a Business Asset in a Changing Marketplace
• Understanding the Unique Issues of Protecting Intellectual Property Internationally
• The Attorney's Role in Prosecuting Patents Internationally
• Foreign Patent Filing: A Pragmatic View
• Creating a Cost-Effective Foreign Patent Strategy
• Strategies for Successful Global Patent Prosecution
• Successfully Managing a Global Patent Portfolio
• Developing a Foreign Filing Strategy