The four-volume Bankruptcy, The Rutter Group California Practice Guide set is localized to the four California Bankruptcy Court districts. Written by top bankruptcy experts, it is a stand-alone resource for whatever chapter the case is filed under or converted to. Invaluable practice pointers, strategies, and tactics are included.
- Governing law, jurisdiction, and venue
- Representing debtors and creditors
- Employment and compensation of professionals
- Commencing bankruptcy proceedings
- Case conversion and dismissal
- Bankruptcy estate property
- Scope of automatic stay
- Relief from automatic stay
- United States Trustee duties/powers
- Chapters 7, 11, 12, 13, and 15 cases
- Use, sale, and lease of estate property
- Enforcement of claims and interests
- Avoidance and turnover actions
- Discharge and nondischargeability
- Closing and reopening bankruptcy cases
- Bankruptcy appeals
Features of this publication include:
- The only step-by-step guidance through local practice in the four California Bankruptcy Court districts.
- Citations to applicable local rules and forms, general orders, and federal statutes and caselaw.
- A clear and concise explanation of debtor and creditor practice under the various code chapters.
- Quick and efficient access to topics through a detailed index and tables of authorities.