Can we help?
Civil Practice in the Southern District of New York offers detailed information useful from the commencement of an action through motion practice and discovery. It provides:
• Discussions of subject matter jurisdiction, personal jurisdiction, venue, forum non conveniens, and provisional remedies
• An explanation of the day-to-day operation of the Southern District, including important information concerning assignment and transfer of cases and operations of the Clerk's Office
• Detailed discussion of recusal and disqualification, the operation of Rule 11, and other sanction provisions
• An overview of the discovery process, including useful guidance in the areas of attorney-client privilege and attorney work product
• A summary of the Southern District's standing court orders, provisions governing admission, and discipline and disqualification of attorneys
• A table of statutes, table of rules, and table of cases