Evidence, 4th examines the Ohio Rules of Evidence, rule by rule. The text of each rule is presented, followed by expert commentary and discussion of how the rule has been interpreted and applied by the Ohio courts.
Sections of the Ohio Revised Code regarding evidentiary matters are provided, as well as a variety of editorial enhancements, including:
- Caselaw developments from Ohio, other states, and federal courts, as well as common-law precedents.
- Chart comparison of federal and Ohio rules.
- Chart summary of major changes in Ohio evidence law.
- Charts comparing federal and Ohio rules of evidence, including summaries of rule changes.
- Appendices covering foundational questions, motions in limine, and common objections.
- A table of cases, table of statutes and rules, and index.
Topics covered include:
- General provisions
- Judicial notice
- Privileged communications
- Opinions and expert testimony