Juvenile Court Law and Practice contains a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the essential aspects of juvenile cases, from the preadjudication phase to the final disposition of the case. This “nuts and bolts” manual of the law and procedures relating to Nebraska juvenile court cases provides detailed and straightforward analyses and practice insights regarding the Nebraska Juvenile Code and pertinent caselaw. It is a guide for lawyers, social workers, counselors, probation officers, educators, child welfare advocates, and anyone who is involved in the juvenile court process.
Topics covered in detail include:
- Removal of child from parental home
- Adjudication phase
- Dispositional options
- Termination of parental rights
- The role of the guardian ad litem
- The Indian Child Welfare Act
- Delinquency and status offense cases
- Appeals from juvenile court
- Constitutional issues
The volume includes finding aids, such as a table of cases, a table of laws and rules, and a detailed index.