Marijuana and the Law examines major aspects of the legalization of marijuana in Massachusetts, addressing the challenges that affect the day-to-day practice of attorneys whose work now encompasses marijuana law.
Additionally, beyond the legal issues surrounding marijuana, this treatise contains a review of the scientific aspects of marijuana, including the pharmacology of marijuana, and the science of marijuana impairment.
The author discusses:
- Detailed explanation of the history of legalization in Massachusetts
- Cannabis Control Commission
- Local Zoning and Municipal Considerations
- Business and the Marijuana Industry
- Banking and Taxation
- Landlord Tenant Issues
- Professional Responsibility
- Operating Under the Influence
- Detailed discussion of criminal marijuana statues
- Scientific aspects of marijuana, including the pharmacology of marijuana
- Tools and suggestions on how to evaluate the charge