Appropriate for newcomers as well as experienced attorneys, Missouri DUI Handbook provides valuable insight into legal, scientific, and strategic issues.
Written by a prominent Missouri DUI defense attorney and a standardized field sobriety test (SFST) expert, this title addresses a wide range of topics, including:
- Criminal and civil consequences
- Trial preparation
- Plea negotiation
This straightforward, time-saving guide to leading judicial and statutory authorities and the many complex scientific issues underlying DUI defense contains:
- Numerous sample forms, including pretrial and discovery motions, intake questionnaires, and trial checklists.
- Comprehensive appendixes with the full text of relevant statutes and court rules.
- Practical tips on establishing and managing a DUI practice, communicating with clients, conducting investigations, developing defense strategies, and more.
- Discussion of issues, such as breath testing, field sobriety tests, license revocation, ignition interlock devices, and more.
- Defenses relating to environmental and physiological conditions.
- Coverage of law enforcement investigatory procedures.
Driving under the influence of drugs is also covered at length.