Written from both landowner and developer perspectives, Discretionary Land Use Controls is a clear, practical guide that focuses on abuse of discretion by local governments in making land use decisions.
- Gives you a step-by-step explanation of how to limit local governments' abuse of discretion.
- Explains the types of abuse.
- Explains the discretionary approval mechanisms used by local governments to address growth, preserve natural resources, provide for infrastructure needs, preserve community character, and achieve sustainable design and development.
- Provides litigation strategies for asserting constitutional protections.
- Provides practice tips on how to avoid or prevent local government abuses.
- Covers green building issues.
- Discusses new regulations and court cases.