Mental Hygiene Title 14B is a component of the New York Codes, Rules, and Regulations (NYCRR) and contains the complete, official text of volume 14B (Code 4050), covering mental hygiene. Topics include:
- Office of Mental Health: AIDS testing, patient transfer and referral, quality of care, rights
- Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities: public access to records, operational procedures of patients
- Office of Mental Health: operating certificates, operation of psychiatric units, day treatment programs
- Office of Mental Health: hospitals for mentally ill, outpatient programs, residential treatment facilities
- Office of Mental Health: community residences, crisis residences, Medical Assistance payments
- Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities: certification of need, protection of individuals
This title includes historical notes and effective dates, as well as updated case notes explaining how courts and administrative agencies have ruled on gray areas of the law. Case law citations are tested to include later history, plus official and parallel citations. New York and federal cases from the past 10 years were reviewed to ensure that all relevant decisions were included.