This updated and expanded edition of Simon's New York Rules of Professional Conduct Annotated contains more than 2,000 pages of analysis and commentary explaining the New York Rules of Professional Conduct and related sources regulating lawyers.
- Phrase-by-phrase analysis of each rule, plus summaries of related ethics opinions and cases, historical context, underlying policies, and practical advice.
- New developments including more than 500 new cases, ethics opinions, and articles.
- Descriptions and explanations of amendments to the New York Rules of Professional Conduct and Comments, as well as amendments to various court rules.
- Historical background about drafting the rules, as well as amendments, deletions, and proposed amendments.
- Significant federal and state statutes and court rules relating to particular Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Tables cross referencing each New York rule against the ethics opinions that interpret that Rule, and providing digests of every NY ethics opinion issued since the Rules were adopted in 2009, plus an extensive Table of Cases.
- Pages of useful resources, such as bar associations, grievance committees, government agencies, legal ethics websites, and sources of legal authority beyond New York.
There is no other book like this in New York — or anywhere!