Useful for both plaintiff's and defendant's counsel, California Affirmative Defenses
provides expert analysis of available California affirmative defenses to help practitioners determine which defenses to consider and the best method of presenting them. Tightly organized and clearly written, this resource presents important strategic references for plaintiffs in drafting complaints, for defendants in answering or demurring, and for preparing and responding to summary judgment motions.
A valuable resource when preparing for trial or drafting an appellate brief, it:
- Considers burden of proof, waiver, and related defenses and principles
- Reviews jurisdiction and its impact
- Covers damages, remedies, litigation, trial, and appeals
- Examines issues regarding pleadings, motions or demurrers, trial, and appeal
- Provides jury instructions and pleading allegations
- Considers the nature and elements of the defense
- Includes forms for complaints, answers, notices, tolling agreements, and more
Table of Statutes, Table of Cases, and General Index make research faster and easier.