Can we help?
Defamation: A Lawyer's Guide analyzes today's increasingly complex libel and slander laws and explores how they apply to public figures, limited public figures, and private persons, on both sides of the law. The text examines issues, cases, and recent developments, such as:
• Cases pertaining to whether a website can be held liable for third-party defamatory postings
• A Supreme Court discussion interpreting the public concern/purely private concern in the context of a case involving church members picketing a military veteran's funeral
• Liberalized restrictions on plaintiffs
• Plaintiff's burden in public-interest cases
• Enhanced plaintiff's opportunities for redress