Can we help?
Employee Medical Leave, Benefits, and Disabilities Laws is helpful in guiding both employer and employee clients through the sometimes confusing interaction among employee medical benefits, medical leave, and disabilities law. It clearly explains employer obligations and rights, examines policies and procedures, and discusses recent Supreme Court and federal and state court cases. Hundreds of cases are cited and digested.
This valuable multivolume work provides model policy guidance, practical forms, and appendixes that include all relevant laws, federal regulations, and guidance from federal agencies responsible for enforcing medical benefits, medical leave, and disabilities laws. It also:
• Sorts through the interrelationships and conflicts of the various federal and state requirements
• Helps to implement preventive strategies and positive solutions
• Covers state disability discrimination laws as well as state family and medical leave, pregnancy, and parental laws and regulations
• Provides access to federal acts and programs such as cafeteria plans, flexible spending accounts, and medical savings accounts
• Legal discussions include practical guidance on policy and procedure
• Return-to-work issues and recent Supreme Court and federal and state court cases are discussed in detail
• Helps to limit leave abuse and disputes
• Promotes constructive employee relations and solutions that minimize costs while maximizing results