Grand Jury Law & Practice
covers every procedural aspect of the grand jury process, including the requirements imposed by the Fifth Amendment, to aid in case preparation. It cites state and federal statutes, rules, and prior decisions, and identifies the application of state grand jury laws on a state-by-state basis.
This text enables you to:
• Learn to argue more persuasively using strategies from high-profile cases
• Navigate smoothly through new grand jury statutes, procedural rules, and ethical standards brought about by increased litigation
• Challenge or defend grand jury selection, approach, and reports
• Protect or challenge secrecy of grand jury proceedings, the Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Freedom of Information Act
• Research new developments in federal and state statutes or rules and decisions