Can we help?
Use Insider Trading: Regulation, Enforcement, and Prevention to determine which activities constitute insider trading and what the consequences are. Topics discussed include:
• The source of the prohibition against insider trading
• The evolution of the law
• The abstain or disclose obligation of corporate insiders
• Tipper and tippee liability
• Material nonpublic information
• The misappropriation theory
• Trading on information regarding a tender offer
• The gray areas of insider trading liability
The appendix includes practical information such as typical questions and suggested answers regarding insider trading by officers, directors, and employees.