Can we help?
A practical guide for law enforcement officials, family practitioners, social workers, judges, prosecutors, police, and defense attorneys, Ohio Domestic Violence Law covers Ohio civil and criminal laws governing domestic violence. It discusses current issues and emerging trends, with references to applicable state and federal statutes, rules, and caselaw. It includes:
• A question-and-answer format
• Checklists, interview formats, charts, sample questions, a sample brief, and other aids
• Analysis of civil protection orders, including issuance, hearings, court and police enforcement, and criminal protection orders
• The full text of selected provisions of the Ohio Revised Code and selected Rules of Superintendence for Ohio Courts
• Analysis and commentary
• Proven strategies for safe intervention on behalf of victims and steps to safeguard the constitutional rights of the accused