Patry on Copyright provides an encyclopedic analysis of copyright, placing court opinions and statutes in their real-world context.
A multivolume set, Patry on Copyright is cited as an authority on copyright by state and federal courts, including every federal court of appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. It contains:
- Complete legislative and statutory history for relevant provisions
- Circuit-by-circuit breakdown of caselaw on pertinent litigation issues
- Comprehensive coverage of U.S. copyright law, including the latest court decisions, relevant statutes, regulations, treaties, and legislative histories
- Extensive discussion of remedial, jurisdictional, choice of law, and international issues unparalleled in any other legal work
- Sandra Day O'Connor's foreword discussing a number of copyright decisions, including Harper & Row, where she cited the author's work