Florida Construction Law Manual offers practical, in-depth analysis of construction law and contractual relationships in Florida with citations to relevant cases, statutes, rules, and regulations. In it the author:
- Discusses design and construction contracts, bidding issues and procurement methods; common law and statutory remedies
- Gives directions for enforcing and defending against construction liens, payment bond claims, performance bond claims.
- Explains remedies for building code violations, ambiguous drawings, fraudulent liens, and willful nonpayment
- Gives you many forms, including pleadings, releases, and lien documents
- Provides claims analyses from the viewpoints of the different parties
- Includes a table of cases
Other topics include:
- Compliance with Florida statutory contractor and design professional licensing
- Analysis and case law treatment of construction and design contract terms ADR procedures and case law
- Analysis and forms for Florida's notice of defect and right to cure statute
- Analysis of construction insurance issues
- Florida construction lender responsibility laws
- Delay, acceleration, and consequential damages
This manual addresses practical solutions to both routine and specialized construction law issues with citations to authority and forms. Florida and federal statutes and construction industry arbitration rules are included.