Designed for use by judges, legislators, and practicing attorneys, Mediation: Law, Policy & Practice
provides analysis of mediation law developments, cases, statutes, and the mediation process itself, and:
• Offers a solid foundation for understanding mediation law
• Identifies relevant cases and statutes in each state
• Provides the tools you need to utilize an effective approach
• Discusses topics such as confidentiality, conflict of interest, and advertising
• Examines the roles of the mediator, the advocate for those involved in mediation, and the adviser to courts and institutions dealing with planning and implementing mediation programs
To help practitioners develop their own evaluation and analysis, this resource identifies and analyzes the many areas where various relevant legal doctrines have not yet been applied to mediation.