Can we help?
Using the California Style Manual and The Bluebook: A Practitioner's Guide helps you determine when to use the state-focused California Style Manual and when to use the federal-focused The Harvard Bluebook. The author:
• Lists requirements for each California county, comparing and contrasting the legal styles
• Explains minor and confusing differences between the two manuals
• Covers California opinions and basic style elements, along with general rules for capitalization, quotes, numbers, italics, and punctuation
• Provides direction for citing California legislative history and government materials
• Indicates preferred manual for citing Witkin and other treatises, California practice guides, and secondary sources