Navigating a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit is the ultimate resource for anyone who suspects that he or she has been victimized by medical malpractice. In short order, this easy-to-read-and-understand book explains what is involved in bringing and successfully resolving a medical malpractice case.
The book covers need-to-know topics such as:
- How to identify whether you have a case worth looking into
- Vital deadlines that must be met
- What to look for in a lawyer
- Assessing your case's value
- Exercising “the power of no” during settlement negotiations
- The litigation process
Factual accounts of intriguing cases can be found throughout much of the book. They are not only informative, but make for compelling reading. A true story about “doctored” medical records illustrates the lengths to which some providers will go to conceal errors, while another story puts you at the scene of an avoidable birth tragedy. In reading this useful guide, you may very well find a case like yours.