The Ongoing Gun Control Debate acknowledges that gun control has long been a polarizing topic, but with the increase in school shootings in recent years, it's more discussed and front-of-mind in political spheres and with the general public than ever before. In order to successfully navigate the debate, it's important to gain an understanding of the laws currently governing firearms.
The Ongoing Gun Control Debate
- What federal laws have been put in place regarding gun control?
- How do state laws vary across the country?
- What happens when federal laws clash with state laws?
- What specific gun laws affect manufacturers and sellers?
- What specific gun laws affect buyers?
- What are the potential consequences of violating those laws?
- What's being done to better enforce the laws already in place?
- Generally, what are the arguments for and against increasing gun control?
- In what manner are gun violence statistics linked back to gun control laws in the debate?
- How have recent school shootings changed the debate?
- What noteworthy measures to increase gun control have been defeated recently?
- What proposed federal and state bills are being discussed currently?
- Who would be affected if stricter gun control laws are passed?
- If stricter gun control laws are passed, what steps would it take to implement them?
provides feedback from some of the nation's leading legal minds on the current issues impacting the arguments for and against increasing gun control. These experts outline federal and state firearm laws and explain key issues in the never-ending debate. This report offers readers an immediate look at this issue as it continues to unfold.