Can we help?
Understanding Your Client's IP Needs contains the thoughts of leading lawyers on mitigating financial risks, defining IP standards, and avoiding common mistakes. It provides best practices for evaluating and meeting your client's intellectual property needs. Topics include:
• Performing formal and informal legal reviews
• Establishing legal defenses
• Assessing financial risks
• Identifying standards for obtaining protection
• Handling litigation
• Working with state, federal, and global agencies
• Evaluating challenges for legal compliance
• Understanding auditing procedures
Components involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets are discussed. You'll find tips for understanding the roles of key players, maximizing the use of key experts, and maintaining intellectual property protection. This book also discusses monitoring trends, forecasting marketing issues, and avoiding common mistakes.