Understanding the Legal Aspects of E-Commerce presents the thoughts of leading lawyers on defending intellectual property, navigating privacy concerns, and negotiating contracts. You'll learn about the key legal issues related to conducting business electronically, including:
- Domain name registration and protection
- Methods for protecting intellectual property and privacy rights
- Responding to claims of online slander or defamation
Plus you'll get tips on complying with the regulatory environment governing cyberspace, and the technological trends and developments affecting e-commerce. Chapters titles include:
- Domain Name Protection in E-Commerce
- The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same: Legal Issues in Technology Contracts
- Intellectual Property Issues in E-Commerce
- Overview of Significant Legal Trends and Issues for E-Commerce
- Regulations and Legislation in Cyberspace
- Sample Domain Name Assignment
- Sample Cease-and-Desist Letter to Domain Name ?
- Sample UDRP Complaint ?
- Technology Contract Review Checklist ?
- Sample Service Level Standards
- Sample Open-Source Code Software Clauses
- Sample International Arbitration Clause
- Online Copyright Infringement Checklist ?
- Social Media Guidelines