Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts provides guidance on all phases of litigation, including investigation, pleadings, motions, discovery, trials, appeals, settlement, and enforcement of judgments. Its 180 chapters comprise a self-contained library of procedure, trial advocacy, substantive law, and advice written by practicing attorneys and distinguished judges.
Enhanced with 26 new chapters, revisions to the chapters carried forward from the Fourth Edition, and discussion of hundreds of new cases, this work has been completely updated, expanded, and revised to address pertinent subjects.
Expand your practice with comprehensive, strategy-oriented coverage of every phase of a commercial case. Litigation risk analysis enables you to evaluate procedural steps in the context of an overall case plan. The text emphasizes discovery rules and strategy, examines compensatory and punitive damages and other remedies, and provides trial techniques and themes in commercial cases to help you focus the jury’s attention.
- Step-by-step guidance covering every aspect of a commercial case, from investigation and assessment through pleadings, discovery, motions, trial, appeal, and enforcement of judgment, with emphasis on strategic considerations specific to commercial cases.
- Ninety-three substantive law chapters addressing the subjects most commonly encountered in commercial cases, including securities, antitrust, banking, contracts, insurance, sale of goods, intellectual property, professional liability, business torts, franchising, and many other business and commercial law topics.
- Coverage of compensatory and punitive damages; other remedies such as specific performance, rescission, and declaratory judgments; and alternative dispute resolution, including settlements, negotiations, mediation, arbitration, and international arbitration.
- Chapters addressing the “business” of litigation practice and professional growth and development of commercial litigators.
- Common chapter structure with time-saving and practical features for all topics, and numerous cross references so you can quickly find the information you need.
- Procedural and practice checklists that help you efficiently manage a wide range of cases.
- Checklists of allegations, defenses, and sources of proof that help you plan discovery and evaluate your case.
- Hundreds of jury charges and essential litigation forms.